We at TANDONZ- the Cosmetic Clinic are performing liposuction procedures regularly. Liposuction is the most common cosmetic surgery procedure in demand.
Dr.Rahul Tandon with his vast experience is using power assisted and vaser liposuction after tumescent technique to extract fat from various parts of the body like abdomen, thighs flanks neck and back.
A brief description of the procedure follows:
- Liposuction means "removal of fat". It also known as lipoplasty (Fat remodeling). It is a cosmetic surgery operation that removes fat from many different sites of human body.
- There are many areas of body in which fat is resistant to diet and exercise. These areas are the flanks commonly known as 'love handles', lower tummy, sides of upper thighs and neck region.
- Though patients tends to loose weight after dietary restrictions and exercise but these areas of the body have still got bulges which is resistant to any kind of treatment except LIPOSUCTION
- It can help sculpt the body by removing unwanted fat from specific areas such as the chin and neck areas, upper arms, abdomen, buttock, hip and the thigh areas, knees, and the upper and lower back. It can also be used to remove the fat form below the chin and in some cases of male breast enlargement.
- Liposuction Surgery can never be a substitute for exercise and proper nutrition. It can remove stubborn areas of fat that refuse to respond to exercise and diet.
- Liposuction should not be considered a substitute for overall weight loss.
Planning For Surgery
- At the first visit the doctor examines the patient and sees the specific areas from where the fat has to be removed.
- One very important step before planning the procedure is to calculate the BMI of the patient which is wt (Kg ) / height of patient in (meter)2
- The procedure is not done if the BMI is greater than 45 which points towards a state known as morbid obese.
- The basic investigations are performed along with arrangement of blood if required.
- Many patients have got hanging abdomen in the form of extra skin and fat. It causes great discomfort to the individual as it is difficult to tie anything like trousers and also macerates the skin with chronic itching and irritation. In these cases tummy tuck is also planned simultaneously with liposuction.
- It is done on an out patient basis under general or local anesthesia.
- Small incisions are made in the skin and a narrow cannula connected to high pressure vacuum is used to suck out fat by moving the cannula back and forth.
- Following the surgery one will wear a pressure garment for several weeks
- As the number of fat cells in the body is fixed at approximately 18yr of age, the fat cells taken out during liposuction is a permanent reduction.
- The operation of liposuction is totally safe as the cannula operates between the skin and muscle of abdomen and the vital structures inside the abdomen are totally safe.
Dr.Rahul Tandon at his clinic is having the facility of both LASER LIPOSUCTION AND POWER ASSISTED LIPOSUCTION
Advanced laser lipolysis is an excellent new treatment that uses fine, fiber-optic lasers to destroy and uniquely, remove fat from the body. Only a local anesthetic is used on the area to be treated rather than a general anesthetic and full surgery, as with liposuction.
PAL® has very real benefits over other liposuction products: It uses no heat or ultrasound energy, so the fat cells are just as healthy and viable as cells harvested using manual liposuction. It uses reciprocating motion to pass easily through tissue, especially fibrous areas, which make procedures faster, and results in less bruising and bleeding.
Dr.Rahul Tandon uses LASER LIOPSUCTION usually to perform liposuction in male patients and also in females when we have to remove fat from the back.
PAL is used in all the other cases and also in procedures when fat has to be used for further fat grafting as usually done in males for the face and in females for augmentation of breasts and buttock areas if required.